Did you know there is a Shine On Award for bloggers? I sure didn’t until Deanna from The Book Lover’s Attic contacted me because she chose me as one of the nominees for this award. Can I use the excuse that I’m unaware of these things because I’m off somewhere with my nose stuck in a book? Well, technically I don’t think I can get any body part stuck in my iPad, but the saying is still relevant. I want to thank Deanna for thinking of me when passing along this award.
I began following Deanna’s blog soon after I started Sun Mountain Reviews because she is an eclectic reader, and every time I visit, I find new books to add to my never ending reading list. I hope you all will check out her blog when you get the chance!
Before I can accept this award and proudly display it on my blog, I have to meet the following stipulations:
Shine On Award
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven, random interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
I guess this is the equivalent of an acceptance speech. You all are so lucky you don’t have to watch me physically accept an award because this is what would probably happen:
I stopped by Deanna’s blog earlier and left a happy “thank you” on her post for the Shine On Award.
Now, I need to reveal 7 random tidbits about myself:
1. I wasn’t kidding about being uncoordinated. Everyone who knows me understands why my mother was wise enough not to name me Grace.
2. I have no sense of smell, never have, never will. It’s a mixed blessing as you can imagine. I wish someone would invent a “smell’o’meter” for me that identifies smells and their strength. Fortunately, I haven’t burned the house down, but my husband refuses to let me cook with a gas stove.
3. I have a German Shepherd who has proven to be quite intelligent. Unfortunately, her owner isn’t smart enough to help her reach her full potential. I got the bright idea, once, to teach her commands in German, but I don’t know German, and I kept getting the commands mixed up so the poor dog had no idea what to do. We are both still traumatized by the experience and have decided to never speak of it again.
4. I have a Siamese cat who watches TV. However, she will only watch shows that feature animals, so Animal Planet is viewed regularly in our house. (I think I should start making her pay for part of the cable bill, hmmm)
5. I am die-hard Walking Dead fan. When the show airs on Sunday nights, the lights go out, the popcorn comes out, and no one is allowed to talk, bark, or meow until the episode ends.
6. Every Halloween I dress up as a pirate and even when it isn’t Halloween, I still dress up to attend pirate festivals. Someone once asked me what kind of pirate I was. All I could think to say was,” Aaarg, a bad one!”
7. I love to go on ghost tours whenever I travel. If I’m lucky, something strange happens, if I’m not, I at least get to learn a bit of history about the area. Two of the best ghost tours I’ve been on were in Key West, Florida, and Jefferson, Texas. The strangest one was in St. Augustine, Florida, when my mother and I rode in the backseat of a hearse to visit supposedly haunted sites, and my mother kept looking behind her as if she expected a corpse to suddenly appear.
8. I love hot boiled peanuts and whenever I take road trips, I’m always on the look out for them.
9. I am directionally challenged, so the best gift I ever received was a GPS.
10. I have math phobia:
(See what I mean about math? I was only supposed to share seven random interesting things about myself, and I added ten. Oh well, I’ve already hit “publish” so it’s too late to take it back now. )
Now, let me pass the Shine On Award to the following recipients:
1. Dianne at Tome Tender: http://tometender.blogspot.com/
2. LeAnn at LeAnn’s Book Reviews
3. Steve at Imagineer-ing
4. Kelley at Book Girl from South Carolina
5. Cianna at Sunshine & Mountains: Books, Food, Life
6-7 Cori & Donna at Reading in Pajamas
8. Ashley at Nose Graze
9. Danielle “The Book Huntress” at Danielle’s Book Thoughts
10. Kayla at My Book Muse
11. Laura at FUONLYKNEW
12. Monica at Monlatable Book Reviews
14. Leah at Uncorked Thoughts
15. Kristalia at Infinity-of-Time: The Book is Out There
A big thanks to all of these bloggers who share their passion for books, writing, and the art of blogging. I’ve learned so much from all of you 🙂